These Blue Moon cupcakes are light and fluffy topped with zesty orange cream cheese frosting. When I first came across these on Pinterest, I knew I needed to pin it for later so that I could make them for one of my friends who loves Blue Moon beer! So surprise a Blue Moon loving friend with these scrumptious cupcakes!
Blue Moon Cupcakes
Write a review
- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested (save some for garnishing)
- 2/3 cup Blue Moon beer
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter for 1 minute, until pale and fluffy. Add sugar. Cream together butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of the bowl after each addition. Add vanilla and orange zest; mix until just combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together beer and milk. Alternatively add beer mixture and flour mixture to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 – 2/3 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden brown and cupcakes bounce back at the touch of a finger, or a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until all sugar has been added, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition. Stir in orange juice until fully incorporated.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with fresh orange zest and small orange slice, if desired.
Sweet Lemon Made https://sweetlemonmade.com/
Recipe adapted from Sweet Caroline’s Cooking